THE DAILYP will return MONDAY, FEBRUARY 22, 2010

LOOK FOR ME @ OUR NEW ONLINE ADDY:

thedailypisser.com

Monday's blog: The BANKing of AMERICA

***NEWS FLASH!!!!

DIS IS YO MAMA is now officially going to be: DIS IS YO GRAMMA!!!! I'm ecstatic! Congrats, S&J! Love you!

IT'S A NO BRAINER TODAY!

*TO ACCESS TODAY'S TITLE BLOG, CLICK ON THE DATE'S ARCHIVE LINK!

*TO ACCESS COMMENTS:
Just click on the title of the blog you'd like to comment on and the comment screen will appear!
*TO ACCESS VOTING, DO THE SAME! Thanks!
**ALL PRIZES in the Bissell Pet Contest are donated to charity
EXCEPT for a $500 Gift Card given to the PET OWNERS.

FAMILY HOLIDAYS 2009

FAMILY HOLIDAYS 2009
Jordan, Stephanie, me, Brian
Powered By Blogger

CURRENT ISSUES and IDIOTS SLICED & DICED!

What pissed U off today?

Thursday, November 26, 2009

THINGS I'M NOT GRATEFUL FOR

HAPPY THANKSGIVING TO ALL!

On this day we share with family and freinds, assessing our blessings, then gorging ourselves beyond reason as we try to convince ourselves that everything is fine, I'm here to say that everything is NOT.

Don't get me wrong now. I have plenty to be thankful for and I try to appreciate that EVERYDAY, not just on Thanksgiving. But frankly, I don't know you all that well yet and I prefer to keep it to myself for the time being.

But I know that there are lots of things that aren't what they used to be and that leaves me wondering why. As the world and technology spins to the future, I often feel that socially and personally, we are regressing as a whole. I hate to say it, because it makes me feel ancient, but are the good old days really behind us? I shudder to think so, yet it's evident around me everyday.

So hence, I present you my list of things I am NOT grateful for this holiday:

*WHAT HOLIDAY IS IT ANYWAY? Walk into any retail space and it's hard to tell. I'm looking forward to Christmas, myself. Since the kids are grown and we decided to forgo the whole retail segment of this experience, it's been alot more fun. And besides, who's supposed to create holiday memories anyway? Mom and dad or Wal-Mart? Screw it people! Stop glamorizing the materialistic aspect of it, you can't really afford it anyway! Instead, save your money to provide the best meal you can and do whatever your family's idea of fun is to the nth degree! The only ones who won't benefit and won't like it will be the retailers. Everybody else will have great stories to tell their kids and grandkids.

*IMAGINARY SHORTAGES. Come on people! If your kid really wants that 'hot' new thing, BUY IT IN SEPTEMBER! If YOU don't care enough to buy it then, then I don't think you're kids are really gonna miss it. Your family has bigger problems than finding Barbie's Jeep. Pushing, shoving and dropping expletives while drop kicking the door greeter is NOT the way to pass the holiday spirit down to the little ones.

*PAYING EXTRA FOR THE PRIVELEGE OF GETTING SCREWED! Since there are too many examples of this for my mere column to mention them all, I'll keep it simple. One prime example this holiday travelling season: Charge me more, whydoncha, to fly with baggage, when you know good and well I'm taking my chances it will actually BE on the luggage carousal when I arrive at my destination. 'Nough said.

I could go on and on and on... but I won't. Got to leave some stuff(ing) for next turkey day! Hug the itty bitties and your other loved ones today, say a prayer for the soldiers and their families and kiss the ground and be thankful you don't live in Iran.

No comments:

Post a Comment

PISS HERE: